Our aim is to promote safety in patient care delivery , occupational and public health through the practice of infection control policies and procedures.
- Serve as an umbrella body for all infection control units at Federal, State and Community levels in the country.
- Advocate and promote infection control programmes at all levels in healthcare facilities.
- Promote public and institutional awareness of infection control
- Formulate guidelines on infection control in healthcare practice in Nigeria.
- Advocate and promote education, training and research in the field of infection prevention and control
- Advocate and promote the inclusion of infection control practices into College of medicines/medical school curricula.
- To advocate and promote the setting up of a reference laboratory for specialized diagnosis of infectious diseases.
- To promote the setting up and training of infection control teams capable of responding rapidly and effectively to epidemics in the country.
- To disseminate information on the proper use, storage and disposal of bio hazardous materials.
- Source funds from donors, (Local and International) for carrying out any of all the association’s objectives and programmes.
- To publish regular scientific information on infection prevention and control.