CALL FOR ABSTRACTS.
This is a call for abstracts for presentation at the NICA 2018 conference.
INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL: DRIVING DOWN INFECTION RATES.
• Hand hygiene
• Health Care Associated Infections
• Antimicrobial resistance/Antimicrobial stewardship
• Water and sanitation hygiene (WASH)
• Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) Programmes
• Emerging and Reemerging Infectious Diseases and IPC
• IPC in critical care and the immunocompromised
• TB/HIV infection prevention
Abstract Submission GUIDELINES:
The abstract should not exceed 300 words. This word count excludes the subheadings of the structured abstract, the title, author list and their addresses or keywords.
ABSTRACTS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS:
• Text should be left aligned.
• Use font Times New Roman, size 12, 1.5 spacing.
• Each subheading should be in bold font, and followed by colon.
• Do not include any tables or charts in the abstract.
• Avoid abbreviations: where used, mention them in full the first time they appear.
• Use italics for scientific names. e.g. Plasmodium falciparum
• The title should be descriptive but concise.
• Write the title in sentence case and only capitalize proper nouns and scientific names where appropriate e.g. Plasmodium falciparum
• Do NOT use abbreviations or acronyms in the abstract title Authors
• First author: Provide first name, initials of the middle name (if any), and the last name e.g. Adebola T. Olayinka
• Co-authors: List each co-author in order of contribution by typing their first and middle names as initials followed by their last name in full (e.g. P Oshun, JO Ejembi)
• Provide the organizational affiliations of the first author and all co-authors
• Indicate the corresponding author with an asterix* and provide the email address and telephone number.
Please include 3 – 4 key words. Use terms listed in the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) from the Index Medicus (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/meshhome.html)
Each abstract will be evaluated by three independent reviewers according to the following criteria:
1. Background and rationale of the study
2. Appropriateness of methods
3. Presentation of results
4. Conclusions and interpretations of results
5. Public health significance
6. Overall clarity of the abstract
Abstracts must be submitted on or before August 17 2018.
All abstracts must be submitted electronically through the Registration Portal on NCIC 2018 website.
Each submitted abstract will be reviewed and scored by two members of the organizing committee, and a notice of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the address given for correspondence. Based on the evaluation, each abstract will be labeled as either: “not accepted”
(NA), “accepted for oral presentation” (AO) or “accepted for poster presentation” (AP). Only authors of accepted abstracts will be communicated.